Follow These Six Easy Steps to Replace Your Wiper Blades at HomeMar 30th, 2020
How to Change Windshield Wipers on Your Vehicle
While on the road nothing is more crucial than getting good visibility. That’s why it’s so important to keep your windshields in excellent condition. Over time, these pieces tend to break down, so it’s recommended to check their state every six months and replace them at least once a year. Luckily, changing wiper blades is a simple and relatively inexpensive DIY process. Watch the video below by Home Depot to learn how to change windshield wipers on your vehicle at home.
Six Steps to Change Wiper Blades
This tutorial video details the replacement process in six easy steps:
- Place a rag under the wiper to prevent damage.
- Check the rubber for cracks and tears. If the wipers don’t lay flat against the windshield, they need to be replaced.
- Measure the length of each wiper blade and buy the proper size refill.
- Remove the old blade by depressing a small tab and pulling the center of the blade towards the bottom of the arm.
- Install the new blade by holding it upside down and aligning its curve end with the hook-shaped curve of the wiper arm. Then pull tightly so the new wiper clicks into place.
- Spray your windshield with fluid and turn the wipers on low to test that the new blades are properly installed.
Read more: How To Repair Rust On A Car
A good measure to get more life out of your wiper blades is cleaning the windshield and wiping down the rubber insert every time you stop at a gas station. Don’t forget to check our blog at The Car Lot etc. for more automotive tips and tricks!